Tuesday, March 25, 2008

1 Day and Counting

So, yesterday was my due date...still no Samantha! At my doctor appointment last Friday, my doc told me that NOTHING had changed. She set me up for an ultrasound and an exam for Thursday with a different doctor (she's on vacation this week!) Then, if I still haven't gone into labor by Monday, they will induce me Monday night/Tuesday morning. From what I've been reading, inducing labor is a rather scary thing. My doctor even said she really hates to do it to women with 1st time pregnancies because it's very traumatic on the body. I was reading a forum online, and these women were saying that getting induced is really painful and there is a much higher chance of having a C-section. Oh great! I know that I'm in for a pretty long labor experience anyway, and I know I'll get through it. Thousands of babies are born in this country every day. It's just the whole fear of the unknown thing...I've never been through anything like this before and that is what scares me...

That and all of a sudden becoming responsible for another human being...pretty intense!

2 comments:

Judith Anne said...

You can do it girl, no matter what happens! Besides, you can indulge all of us women who don't have kids yet, with the details of it all in your juicy "Tell All..." book. Pahhh!

Or not.

Abbie said...

You are going to do great!!

Ok, I'm only telling you this because I heart you big time, but I was 6 days late with Livie. *grin*

Megan Dooher was induced with Kaylee and had NO problems whatsoever, so PLEASE don't stress about it, ok?

If I can give birth, my dear, ANYONE can give birth! hahah :)