Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Countdown Begins


Only 3 more weeks until I start my Master's Program at George Fox. I am filled with anxiety, excitement, and trepidation! It seemed as though I was in the application process forever, and even though I've only been admitted as of July it seems like it was a lifetime ago. I was so excited back at the beginning of the summer with thoughts of finally going back to school, and starting a new career soon...but now, oh, I guess I'm a little nervous of how it's all going to work out.

I am taking 9 credits, which is considered full-time in my program. When I was getting my Bachelor's, full-time felt pretty busy and stressful. And, hmmm, I didn't even have a toddler back then. I know it's possible and I am confident that I will succeed, it's just all a little overwhelming at this point.

Ben and I are still in the process of figuring out how the schedule and routine will work out. I am going to be at class Monday evenings and all day on Thursdays. Add that to both of our work schedules and trying to work it so that Sammy isn't with a babysitter for too long on Thursdays, it's a big job!

On the other hand though, I feel so blessed that I am able to go back to school and pursue something I feel led to do. I am excited to have adult conversations and be in on intelligent discussions. I am also so thankful to Ben for being 100% supportive of my academic life, no matter how far it's putting us into debt. He's an amazing guy!

2 comments:

Judith Anne said...

I am so very proud of you Tiffany! I know it takes a lot to manage school life, home life, and work life but God will provide a way and get you through it. Love you!

MKHKKH said...

Wow! You are going to be one busy mama! What are you going back for? I have played with the idea of going back too. I miss adult interaction and using my brain. Colors, shapes, songs and ABCs only go so far. :)
I am excited for you in your new adventure. You can do it. We were both in school with a toddler and we are still married, employed, and yes, still debt. ;) But it was worth it.