Monday, August 9, 2010

looking on the bright side

This summer hasn't been very fun. It just seems like circumstances surrounding Ben and I have just been bringing us down. When we are stressed, unhappy, or anxious; Sammy is too. She can sense our frustrations and moods. When we are dealing with something, she is too, which sometimes makes the situation even worse. Nothing tragic has happened and we are still so blessed, but somehow, we are not behaving like this is true.

It's all about the attitude. Sure, things happen that are a bummer, and unexpected, but we're all healthy, and housed, and fed. Why aren't we happier? Attitude. Taking things as they come and being optimistic has never been a talent of mine. It's hard for me to wait for an answer, or for a situation to resolve itself. I use so much energy on stress, that I don't have anymore left for happiness.

A few weeks ago during Sunday Service at my church, this scripture was shared:

"That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed everyday. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

How much time have we wasted on worrying and focusing our gaze on the world around us. I want to live day by day and be filled with joy because I know that Jesus is with me always and I can endure all with Him beside me. So I will choose to look on the bright side and fix my gaze on things that cannot be seen.

1 comment:

Jeph and LeAnnes Blog said...

That's a really powerful and insightful blog post. So true...every word. Just wanted you to know that I hear ya, and I understand. I'll be praying for you and your attitude. :) Thanks again for sharing, I'm glad I checked your blog today. :)Hope you will blog more often.